Thursday 17 April 2014

To cut the long story... short

Lets divide it into 3 things

#1. Orange Boots!!

So after 20+ years of receiving the white man's formal education (that is minus the years spent in playgroup/preschool), I am now serving my nation! Now you know why I got darker. The sun at the orientation camp was something else. The experience was better than I had anticipated (had heard some really nasty stories o! A friend of mine kept begging me to buy black  nylons for "short putting"). Camp was alright. Still plenty room for improvement. Meet some really amazing people there that I plan on keeping in touch with. Dodged afternoon drills (for info on how to do same like a boss send me a private message *classified info* lol). Sampled a whole lot of crap food at the Maami market and came to the conclusion that every food isn't for this geh. No be by force! You guys already know that I didn't march or join the parade #notmystyle. I surprised myself and joined the drama group (I was behind the scenes though :)!) and represented my platoon in something. Reconnected with some childhood sweethearts (my primary school bestie was my bunk-mate). Anyways that's all on camp gist. Too many things happened. I'm to tired to type and I love you too much so I won't bore you with details.


#2. What do teachers wear nowadays?

So I have been posted to an All girls Junior High School not to far from where I live and I'm teaching Fine art. Pretty Amazing right? God really loves me and works everything out for my good *wide grin*.

Wondering why I am happy about it?
Well, its an ALL GIRLS school... so there will be no cheeky and mischievous boys in my classroom to make me shout. Don't get it wrong, I love boys n'all buh we all know that

 Adolescent male species = T.R.O.U.B.L.E!!

Secondly, Its junior high a.k.a easier work load and you already know how much I love Art (was my best subject back in school) so all round Yaay!!


FYI: I didn't 'work' or influence my posting to the school. Its a public school owned by the State Government so there will be no Ajebo kids bringing birthday cakes *sobs*. So back to my initial question... what do teachers wear nowadays? A friend was teasing me today that the kids will think I am one of them when I enter the class cos I look young. I'm not sure what that means sef? buh it's made me erase all thoughts of being "natural" and weaving my real hair though. lol! What I know is that I do not have  the time or patience for skirt suits which I remember my school teachers used to wear in those days :|


#3. my Blog beefers who camouflage as my friends!


U guys should mind yourselves o! That is how one of them sent me an IM after my last blog post to ask why I have suddenly become very racist and that there is nothing wrong in me becoming black or getting darker! Can you imagine??! When people that love me have been concerned and are offering unsolicited advice on how I should use natural carrot or is it papaya soap, exfoliating scrubs or infact bleaching cream to regain my colour. Although I doubt the bleaching cream advice person loves me sha *side eye*! She is a meanie buh I forgive her but as for those who want me darker God is watching you o!
Then someone said I should consider writing on food only for my 14 for 14 series as most of my posts are on food. *Yimu* They will be pretending as if they don't like food. #Na big lie. 
Lemme just catch the both of you sha!




Now thanks be to God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the aroma of his knowledge by us in every place.
2 Cor 2:14 (AKJV)



 Sincerely,
Cee



1 comment:

  1. temidayo adegbite15 July 2014 at 16:09

    Hmmmm nice experience hun. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus