Tuesday 11 November 2014

14for14: MY WORLD


So It's November already and Christmas is 6 Thursdays away *inserts dancing* !
Not only that my service year is gradually coming to an end...
Today was a teaching free day! Continuous Assessment Test day!!
I also conducted the United Nations My World Survey TODAY for the kids in my school and I got all kitted up in my NYSC regalia to do it.
It was fun and involved plenty pushing, shoving and excitement.
Most of the Kids voted for Affordable and Nutritious food + Good Education among other things :)
(For more info on the survey, check http://vote.myworld2015.org/)




Towards the end of the year, is always birthdays and celebrations galore for me. Saturday is my grandma's birthday! Whoop whoop! I have classes that day but hope to be back in time to "play" with her...She's a wonderful sumbori :)!

Funny how while talking with a friend a few days ago we both said simultaneously that we hated the question "what do you like to do for fun?"

It sounds so regular and innocent that I'm sure you are wondering whats the big deal? right?
Well five things are wrong with it
1. Its over-used! I can't count how often I have been asked that in the past few weeks.
2.  Its a trick! The guys claim to wanna get to "know" you *yimu* Na lie!
3. Its a kind of personality test or some sort of "judge of character". Someone once told me I'm a selfish person since all the things I like doing are 'solo' - reading, writing, solving puzzles and doodling. Imagine the nerve!
4. There's an underlying message. (go figure it out :p)
5. Its Banal

Now its my turn... what do you guys do for fun??! That is asides blogging and blog stalking ;)!
(actually joking 'seriously' Lol! )


Oh before I forget Tomorrow is The Young and Confused bloggers Birthday! Whoop! Whoop! Lemme tell you a secret... I posted early this month because of a bargain we made. Lol! Expecting my delivery oo and Duru remember to inbox me the number to call tomorrow :)!




So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:2 The Message (MSG)


12 comments:

  1. Heheheh Finally I get to be first to comment... My! I am humbled that you broke the Jynx Finally,.. I promise you will get the package ASAP... Ehmmm lunch could suffix though.. **winks,. So what do I do for fun... Ehm i am a really strange brother, but most times I basically success dream.. I mean I envision me in future, picture my entourage, cars and top notch positions, then I take out my journal, and write my dreams. With all due respect, I also pursue women for fun ooio... There's a thrill it brings.. **shines teeth. Nice one Bubba. Thanks for the birthday wish, I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hippy birthday to your grandma in advance, wish her all the smiles life can offer, and that her grand kids keep making her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that translation- take your every day ordinary life....

    Very true about the 'fun question'! Never thought about it in that light, but yessss it is often an 'unconscious' judge of character. Useful for easily putting the person in the right personality box :) E.g, putting you into the chilled out girl next door box - wrongly or rightly so ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 Thursdays? *screams and runs out* I'm not ready!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lool I know right? buh actually you weren't the first. It was your blog mother msJB I got a notification in my inbox but i dont know why her mssg is not showing here :(!


    Lmao @ Success dream I'm wondering what the next person that would say when i say thats what I do for fun *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks alot :) and a Big Amen to that prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TN in da building! Whoop!
    Lmao @ chilled out girl next door box... I honestly doubt I fit into any box or stereotype. Let me tell you a secret... my reading, writing etc reply is a very "deliberate" one o! kinda like a tit for tat if you get what i mean *mischievous grin*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha! Toin o! Christmas is here ooo! ready or not :p!

    ReplyDelete
  9. **Winks, Bubba, you know nah :) Happy New Month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turn up Turn Up Bubba, its the last month.. hehehehehehehe ** Screaming at the top of my Lungs.. WE MADE IT CEE! WE MADE IT TO THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. Thank GOD Bubba.. I am so waiting for your 13th post.. hurry ohh Bubba. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duru John de Beloved24 December 2014 at 11:40

    Hello Bubba, its the last month nah Bubba, where are your last 2 posts for the challenge Chisom? **wears straight face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Cee, so where are you? This is how you want to break up with me ba? Just like that? You are just gonna go ~ghostmode on me ba?.. Well, kindly be informed that in all these heart break you are sharing ehhhnnn.. Diarisgodoooo. :(

    ReplyDelete

Disqus