Friday 25 April 2014

14for14: Common Sense Wahala



He says he is stubborn but I say I'm strong willed.
He says he likes me but I say I love me
He thinks I'm a fool to throw it all away but I know I'll be the fool if I stay
The thing is... 
Gone are the days when feelings and emotions were enough to go by.
The world has evolved and I'm learning to grow with it too!
For everywhere I go, I have to carry  these three; my 'Bestie', my brain and "common sense" along
or else
this heart of mine would just put me for wahala!



Guess what else is reiterating the importance of common sense to me? (*side eye* why did you just continue reading without attempting to guess :(! ) Well... its my new Loofah Scrub o!

I was shocked to read the side note at the back just after the instructions on how to use it.
"...As always, use common sense and be gentle with yourself and your body."
Funny right? but nevertheless profound. It really cracked me up. Made me remember primary school days where every reference to 'common sense' had an underlying insult or wise crack. 'Don't you have any common sense?' 'Where is your common sense? (usually followed by the statement 'Use your Initiative')' 'Stop hailing him, its just common sense applied' 'Common sense is obviously not common in your case' 

It appears the only time we are allowed to be 'stupid' and ignore common sense is when it comes to love however it may be temporal.


Anyways I have a question for you?



I soooo love 'em and have been getting a lot of late. Remember I mentioned my valentine one here.
*wide grin* Testimony time *dances forward*

I won a month free of premuim plus on Iroko Tv. I dunno how I got picked, just got a call. Ermm scrap that I think its in conjunction with Swift (the internet provider I use). Not sure if it was a random select or if they were just appreciating faithful customers. Anyways I think it's a great marketing gimmick on IrokoTv's part cos prior to winning this, I never would have thought about subscribing to watch new Nigerian movies online. The truth is that I'm not a Naija movie person except the really good ones cos I have a low tolerance for Iranu a.k.a Banality. But seeing as I cannot let my Awoof go to waste I watched Flower girl yesterday and I plan on seeing Anchor baby when next I'm idle. So fingers crossed on if I'll renew afterwards especially since it is relatively cheap (500 for a month, 1k for 3 months and 2k for a year).
Ciao Amigos!


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. James 1:5 (ESV)




Sincerely,
Cee

Disqus